Give me a few hours and we'll know if I actually survive the day.
In the wake of yesterday's four full black-out seizures, I feel a lot like I'm running on fumes. The fumes of fumes, even. No amount of caffeine is saving me and I feel like death warmed up. Maybe I have a concussion. I'm usually good at being able to tell, but not today.
I should probably take a moment to caution anyone with a dislike of gifs to turn back before it's too late. I'm guilty of gif abuse, especially when they convey my mood better than I can at the moment.
Anyway.
Usually, a degree of depression would come knocking after that. When I've had over a week without a hitch then four come knocking at once, my mood tends to slide down instantly. I can spend a worrying amount of time stuck in a rut during the time following. This time I was lucky: depression did not come knocking, and I wonder how much of that is because I've had too much to do to be depressed.
(That last sentence doesn't necessarily make sense in the grand scheme of things, but still.)
If I'm honest, I've been sat here wondering why on earth 'Frankenstein' is trending on Twitter at this moment in time (it's almost like journalists don't read anymore). My mind has been too occupied with the banal to work its way into the apathy I associate with my depression.
Or maybe I really am just concussed.
Either way, I can relate to the above gif just a little too much.
Addendum: Quick note to add that everyone should check out In Music We Trust. They support those with depression and other mental health problems by donating 50% of their profits to Mind.



Comments
Post a Comment